Monday, December 24, 2007

all i want for christmas is...


well, it's been a busy weekend, as you can guess, but i'm happy to report, i'm feeling all caught up and finally ready for the big day tomorrow. cleaning house, and shopping, and seeing friends...and now i'm baking cookies, with francis sometimes helping. i wanted to get another post off before christmas, but as i have no time to write, i thought i would share with you some of francis' writings: his letter to santa this year. it's always a bit of a pickle, we never told him about santa, he just believes, but he's going on ten now, so how longer must we keep this charade? we're hoping he discovers on his own...but he's not easily swayed by doubters. he is a firm believer, even if others aren't. we're gonna have to break it to him someday, but until then...?

here it is: in francis' own words:

Dear Santa,

How are you doing in the North Pole. Are the penguins nice and freindly or are they being very defensive protecting their babys and poking you with their beaks. I want to know because I want to get a baby penguin for christmas. No no no just kiding that would be to much for my mom and dad having a squeaky penguin walking around and that would also get us in trouble in are apartment.
I wanted to ask you for some things. I want to tell you my christmas list. Here are the things I want for christmas: For Video games I want Empire at War for Xbox and Transformers The Game for Xbox. For Legos I want Tie Fighter colection and Tie Interceptor. For Toys I want LAAI\I Gunship Transformer and the AT-TE tank. For Trading cards I want pokemon. For Softwere I want the Microsoft Game Softwere. To help you out on picking Witch presents to get me. My favorite is Empire At War on the Xbox, My second favorite is the Tie fighter Colection, and Thats what I want for Christmas. Have a nice time in the North Pole.

Sincerely,
Francis James Nyssen.

(this photo by greg.)

we miss you all, and wish you a very merry Christmas!
xo rachel, greg, and francis